Proper rest, exercise and good nutrition are especially important during the healing process.
- While there aren’t any shortcuts to speed your body’s natural healing process, there’s a lot you can do to give yourself the best chance of a quick recovery.
- Learn proper sitting and lifting methods. Specific exercises may be suggested to help retrain the muscles that support your spine.
- Proper rest is an important aspect of the healing process, too. Get the appropriate amount of rest your body needs, and avoid sleeping on your stomach.
- During the healing process, proper nutrition is more important than ever. Make sure you get balanced meals, and if you’re overweight, now would be a good time to slim down and reduce unnecessary stresses to your spine.
- Perhaps most important of all, keep you appointments and follow your chiropractic doctor’s recommendations for optimum results.